Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has been charged by the Football Association with misconduct following his dismissal against Swansea City.
The Blues boss was sent to the stands in the 43rd minute of his side’s 1-0 Premier League victory on Wednesday.
Conte watched the entire second half on a dressing-room TV after disputing the referee’s decision not to award a corner when the game was goalless.
He has until 18:00 GMT on Tuesday to respond to the charge, the FA says.
Conte reacted furiously to the decision not to give his side a corner during the first half of the game and shouted in the face of fourth official Lee Mason, as well as Swarbrick.
The 48-year-old, who apologised after the match for his behaviour, also explained he had been frustrated by what he considered to be time-wasting tactics from the visitors.
“During the game, in the first half, I saw that Swansea were wasting time,” he said. “I said this a few times to the fourth official.
“At the same time, I didn’t see something change in the first half. I was frustrated for this situation. I tried to tell again, but then the referee took this decision.
The Italian apologised for his behaviour after the match at Stamford Bridge. He said: “I was frustrated. I made a mistake. During the game I suffer. With my players I suffer. It’s a pity. I apologise for this.”
“I was frustrated.”
Antonio Conte has apologised after he was sent off during Chelsea's 1-0 win over Swansea. 🔵 pic.twitter.com/FFMT2GoLyY
— Goal (@goal) November 30, 2017